Wednesday, September 2

Counting Down

About three weeks ago, Darren got a phone call. Guess what? Big news! Our offer was accepted on that house in Orem that we love, after waiting FOREVER! It really makes the waiting worth it.

Well, at that moment, the clock was set for four and a half weeks until moving day, and started ticking away...

So, if you use some simple subtraction, you can easily deduce that I'm way behind in my blog updates. Sorry, guys.

You would also figure out that we have about a week and a half until we will be moving out of our apartment and into our first house. Needless to say, it's a time of much joy and anticipation and running errands and taping boxes and scrubbing down the apartment and getting quotes on homeowners insurance. I like to think that's why I've left my blog in the dark about the whole thing. When I'm not cleaning or organizing something, or chasing after Peter, I'm resting on the couch with my friend, Braxton-Hicks.

Since Darren and I knew that cleaning and packing wouldn't always play nicely with almost-3rd-trimester-ness, we decided to get an early start on everything we possibly could, so that we (read: I) wouldn't have to do the bulk of it in the last 3 days before we move. Hence, the 2-week plan:


Color-coded and everything! We did something similar last time we moved, and it worked like a charm. We had a very low-stress moving day.

Oh, and can I show you around our house? As always, a few hastily-snapped photographs don't really do anything justice, but you should get the basic idea.





4 comments:

  1. That's exciting! It looks great! Hope the move goes well. Congrats on your little boy. We decided not to have an ultrasound so we are still waiting to be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house!! Jordan said "that's a pretty sweet place"! He just happened to be blog surfing with me tonight. Good luck with the move...starting early is the key when pregnant--take from someone who has done it 2x in 3rd trimester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful house! Hope everything goes as smoothly as you plan.

    ReplyDelete