I think I have blogging burn-out. National Blog Posting Month was . . . fun, but I'm relieved to see the end of it.
This past week, Peter took a step on his own for the first time. My mommy heart just about burst with pride. He can only take a single step before he falls to the ground and crawls the rest of the way (which is much faster), but I think my sweet boy will be walking around by Christmas. Excuse me while I get my running shoes on and do a few stretches.
Peter's birthday is also this week, on Thursday. As it gets closer and closer, I find myself thinking back to where I was exactly a year ago--very nine months pregnant, driving back from Midway through a gorgeous Provo Canyon on the morning of December 1st, relieved to pieces that I hadn't gone into labor the night before, during the big blizzard that closed the canyon road and would have made it impossible to get back to Provo that night--in which case I would have had to give birth to Peter in the hotel. I think relief is an appropriate word here.
No comments:
Post a Comment