I need help. I'm supposed to make a birthday cake next week for my sister-in-law and her husband, and they want me to incorporate these two themes:
Superman, and the Eiffel Tower.
Wow. I don't think you could have two themes that are more utterly unrelated. Huh.
Should I just make a regular-shaped cake with a picture of each on it (bo-ring), or should I construct some sort of intricate 3-D Eiffel Tower in Superman colors (not boring enough), or should I do something completely different? It can't be too terribly complicated, because remember, I'll have to actually make the thing. Oh, and it has to be edible.
If you've got any ideas for me, I'd sure appreciate a creative boost.
Superman sitting on the Eiffel Tower with Lois Lane.
ReplyDeleteIn the movie, 3 I think, when super man goes bad temporarily he straitens the Eiffel tower, then later fixes it. Do what you will with that little tid bit of totally useless information...stay tuned for more.
ReplyDeleteWhat about a 3D Eiffel Tower with the superman symbol or a superman figurine?
ReplyDeleteI know Zurchers Party store (on 800 South and just east of State street in Orem) has a lot of movie character paraphernalia. You may get some sort of Superman figure there. I also googled "Eiffel Tower cakes" and saw a few pictures of some pretty cool cakes-some 2D, some 3D. Some of them sure look past my ability or even desire to attempt.
ReplyDeleteI say Superman flying by the Eiffel Tower..or maybe crashing into it if you want to make it rather humerous...
ReplyDeleteIn Superman 2, near the beginning, Lois Lane was reporting on a hostage situation where the terrorists had taken the Eiffel Tower and they also had a hydrogen bomb. Lois Lane being the wonderful protagonist that she is, cleverly hides herself on the bottom of the elevator where she has an unrestricted view of the long drop to impending doom.
ReplyDeleteThe anti-terrorists cut power to certain places in the Eiffel Tower and set off some explosives that send the elevator plunging downward with Lois Lane in the First Class Seat. Superman saves her by slowing and eventually stopping the elevator's rapid descent, allowing her to get off mostly unscathed.
Anyway, my suggestion is to have superman lifting an elevator or you could switch him out for his symbol (make sure the symbol has a cape).