Of course, Sundays are always great because I get to go to church and I always really enjoy that. But this particular Sunday was particularly wonderful.
It wasn't because of the weather, which was rainy and cool. And it wasn't even because we spent the evening at a good friend's house eating homemade bread with homemade strawberry jam (although, let's be honest, that really helped).
No. This is much more spectacular: Peter is now in nursery.
No fuss. He took one look at the toys and the other kids, and walked right in without so much as a glance behind him. Darren and I got to sit still and listen and hold hands during Sunday School, which hasn't happened in a very long time. And when I saw my little boy after the block, he had graham cracker crumbs hanging around his mouth, and he handed me a picture that he had scribbled on in red crayon.
My mommy heart melted.
Way to go Peter! It's a big step and so much better than the boring meetings mom and dad go to!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous. We are counting down, but it's not going to come soon enough! I'm sure Caleb would rather be in nursery than with us. That's nice that Peter had no attachment problems!
ReplyDeleteYay! I know just how you feel. I too was blessed with easy nursery goers. Isn't it fun to see their little pictures? And if he's not doing it now, he will soon be singing his favorite primary songs at every chance he gets. I still can't believe that I have one in nursery and one in primary. Fun new stages in life! :o)
ReplyDeleteIs he 18 months already? Ally just got into nursery the last week of April. I thought they were a little farther apart, guess not! Isn't it nice to go with your hubby to class again? Feels weird though--I've had a hard time concentrating because I've had someone else to worry about all these months! Good times!
ReplyDeleteAh, confession time:
ReplyDeletePeter is actually 17 months. Bishop Welton told us we could go ahead and put him in nursery since he's just a few weeks away anyway. And we didn't complain! :)
Wow...lucky you! That is not the case with Noah. He'll play for a minute, but when he's done...HE'S DONE and he wants out! Maybe one day he'll learn to love it.
ReplyDeleteyay! We can't wait for nursery, John tried to put Glen in a few weeks ago, but they told him (as I had) that he needed to wait until 18 months. Can't hurt to try I guess.
ReplyDelete