Monday, October 6

Playing Catch-up

Here I am, alive and well. Did I mention a crazy couple of weeks? Let me give you a quick run-down.

Item #1) A couple of weeks ago, I enrolled in an online medical transcription course at Career Step, which is the company where Darren works. I'm in school again, sort of! What a funny feeling. So now I'm learning about all the ins and outs of transcribing medical records, and transcription software, and medical terminology, etc. etc. etc. It's so completely different from anything I studied in college (music, for heaven's sake), so it's new and exciting and challenging and interesting for me. I love it. Also, it's the kind of training that will enable me to easily find work I can do from home, if the economy comes crashing down on us and things get really tough financially. So add that all up and it equals me being pretty stoked.

Item #2) I'm also now a press release writer for Career Step. I was asked by Darren's boss (the marketing director) to write press releases for them. What?!? I think they would have been better off hiring a PR firm, but no, they asked little ol' me, with minimal technical writing experience, and no real understanding of journalism or public relations or business or anything. I secretly wonder if they might be mad, and do I really want to work for a company headed up by crazy people? Perhaps.

Item #3) Beauty and the Beast is over! What an incredible experience. Our closing night was Friday the 3rd, and it was a sell-out crowd--we finished with a bang. Peter was an angel through the whole run of the show. He didn't cry on stage a single time! I'm relieved that it's over now, because it was busy and exhausting. It got us to bed late, and it was hard on Peter's sleeping habits, and our Saturdays and evenings were always taken up by rehearsals and performances. But at the same time, I think it was worth it. I loved getting to know new incredible people, and making friends and sharing inside jokes, and seeing people Ooo and Ah over Peter, and even getting an excuse to play dress-up. I'm really going to miss the great people in the cast, and the fun environment at the theater. I don't know when I'll get another chance to be in a show again, and it makes me sad. But oh, how I love the freedom. And the earlier bedtimes.

In other news, well, I don't know if there's really any other news. Beauty and the Beast has dominated our lives here for the past month, and now that it's over, I'm not really sure what to do with myself. So in the meantime, here are some fun pictures:

We're so thrilled to be enchanted castle objects! Wheee!

Here we are as villagers, with Peter.

And a close-up of Peter--the star of the show.

And Peter's favorite past-time, besides flirting with the pretty girls on the cast: turning the TV in the green room off and on, over and over and over.

By the way, don't let me forget to tell you about the incredible pumpkin desserts I've stumbled across in the past week. You won't want to miss them!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you LaChelle! Sounds like you've been blessed overwhelmingly:) You're little Peter is a doll! Literally...those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lachelle!!! med transcript i've heard is such a cool job. your amazing! i'm excited for all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been busy! Good for you! As for stitching, No one can make it this week, so I wasn't going to have it. I will know for sure tonight if I can go back to having it on Tuesdays again or not. I'll let you know as soon as I've figured out the plan!

    ReplyDelete