Okay, that's a lie.
On April 27th, Darren and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. Hurray! It was on a Sunday, so that evening we just stayed home and ate ice cream together, and then Darren took me on a walk with Peter around the Provo Temple, where he proposed. He likes to reenact his proposal. We got engaged on a stormy night, under an umbrella. So, on our anniversary (which was a completely clear day), he takes me to the Provo Temple, whips out an umbrella, and gets down on one knee again. There were some people around who probably thought we were just getting engaged, and wondered what the umbrella was for. I was giggling because the whole thing was so ridiculous, and they probably thought I was all giddy because I was getting engaged. They were probably even more surprised when we pulled a baby out of our car and put him in the stroller. Talk about swallowing your pride.
I think we're slowly getting past the "newlywed" stage, which is kind of happy and sad at the same time. Being newlyweds is so fun because you can be all cute and in love, and people say, "Oh, how cute. They're newlyweds." If you saw a couple in their 40's doing the same thing, you would think, "Uh, okay." At the same time, though, it's an exciting thing to be moving forward and experiencing a new phase together. And who says that you can't have the best of both worlds? I hope that when Darren and I are older, we will still be wildly in love, and not afraid to show it. I saw a cute old couple in the parking lot at the grocery store last week; the husband got out of the car, and hobbled slowly around the car to open the door for his wife. She waited patiently for him to hobble all the way around. What a beautiful picture. That's how I imagine true love. That's what I want decades from now.
Also, I finally graduated at the end of April! Okay, so I officially graduated in December, shortly after Peter was born (made for an exciting finals week, I tell you what), but I finally got to wear the cap and gown, and walk across the stage, and the whole nine yards. It was a great day. My family all came, and we took a bunch of pictures, and enjoyed a fun dinner together afterwards. And my favorite part of the day: I got to wear a pink tassel. I love pink. Bachelor of Music gets pink. Aren't I so lucky?
I got new glasses last week. I've had the same glasses since ninth grade *blech* so it was definitely time for a change. I had to go by myself to pick out the frames, which was a little lonely. But I actually think I made a better choice because I wasn't swayed by the opinion of whomever happened to be with me. I got to choose what I liked. I think I made a good choice, and here's why: when I came home wearing my new glasses for the first time, Darren told me that they gave me that "sexy librarian" look. . . Score. My husband thinks I look like a sexy librarian now.Now, for Peter. He's just growing like crazy, and getting so big so quickly. It's so hard to believe. And it makes me so proud. Remember how I said that he was enjoying eating rice cereal? Well, now he's struggling with it, and I'm trying to figure out why. I think I need to try some more different kinds of baby food, to see if there's one he can get excited about. He hasn't been sleeping through the night as well lately, and I think it's because he hasn't been eating his solids like a good little boy. We'll see what we can do.
I think I'm done with this novel now. Until next time. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment