March 1st we celebrated Darren's birthday with his family in South Jordan. It's always an adventure when you get all the Hansens under one roof and try to have a dinner and a party. I've kind of become the resident cake-maker, so here was my masterpiece for Darren's party:
...Darren and I finally bought a crib! We found a pretty good used crib on Craigslist (where we also found our stroller, carseat, and bassinet, incidentally). I'm not sure how we're going to fit a crib in this little apartment, but it will have to work some way or another, because it won't be long before Peter will grow out of his bassinet. And speaking of growing out of places...
...We're moving! Well, it's still a couple of months down the road, but we found a great apartment that has three bedrooms (we currently have two), a bigger kitchen and living room, a dishwasher, central air conditioning, a separate laundry room and pantry, an extra half-bathroom, and get this: The rent is only $50 a month more than what we're paying now (actually, I'm lying. We have to pay for our own internet, so it will be more than $50). And one of my favorite things about it (aside from the fact that it doesn't have spiders!) is that it's only across the street from where we're at now, so we get to stay in the same ward! So, if you know of anybody who might need a 2-bedroom apartment in south Provo at the end of May, let me know and we'll hook you up. Maybe some BYU-going newlyweds or something. And speaking of BYU...
...We went to the BYU Evening of Concertos last night, which was amazing. The last number was a concerto for two pianos and orchestra by Poulenc. Such a spunky piece, and it left me feeling really homesick for my piano major days. I really miss the atmosphere, having weekly piano lessons, and being able to devote so much time every day towards working and practicing and studying music, as well as being surrounded by people with the same pursuit. I love the piano. And now I average maybe 30 minutes total playing time per week. I was feeling really wistful and pensive last night, and Darren suggested that maybe I should go back for grad school. What?? I didn't even consider that a possibility, with Peter around, but I began to think seriously about it, and it's so tempting. I'd have to get a lot better at planning and prioritizing and being organized. It would be hard, but not impossible. Well, maybe it's just a phase I'm going through. I'll have to put some good thought into it, and I'll let you know what I come up with.
Hey, I'm so glad you posted an update. Sounds like you guys are busy and happy. I am glad you are moving and that you found a real deal. Any tips on apartment hunting? We are looking for a place to live next school year and we don't really even know how to get started. We are living in student housing this year but we think we're ready to live someplace else, just to try it out.
ReplyDeleteGrad school- what a fabulous idea. Keep us updated on what happens.
Wow. A random sampler, but lots of fun newses (not newsies, that's the movie). Craiglist is awesome. Congrats on the move. Be sure to take pictures of your apartment as it is now, for future reference. Oh, and give that little Peter a squeeze!
ReplyDeleteHi LaChelle!
ReplyDeleteYou should totally go for it!! You really have talent, you can always attend part time and balance your time accordingly.
Keep me posted and congrats on your moving!