Thursday, February 28

Birthday Tribute

We celebrated Darren's birthday last Monday. Guess how old? Thirty! Wow, it's kind of funny to think that he's thirty now. I'm always forgetting that there's that seven-year age gap between us, because we get along so well, and honestly, our ages don't seem to make much difference in all the ins and outs of everyday life. But every now and then there's something like this that reminds me that he still had that seven-year head start, and that is going to make a difference in some way or another.

He's had seven years longer to experience life.
He's had seven years longer to go places and do things.
He's had seven years longer to fix bad habits.
He's had seven years longer to cultivate good ones.
He's had seven years longer to acquire skills and talents.
He's had seven years longer to learn about people.
He's had seven years longer to study and ponder the gospel.
He's had seven years longer to learn from seven years' worth of mistakes.

In seven years maybe I will have "caught up" to where he is now. But by then, he will have moved ahead and still have been around seven years longer than me. Therefore, I come to the conclusion that my husband will always have an extra seven years' worth of experience and wisdom that I can admire and learn from. What a great attribute in a husband.

I love you very much, Darren. Happy 30th Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. LaChelle,

    Hi! Nice to see your blog (I found it from a friend's blog). Do you remember me from the Alta ward at BYU? Anyway, you look so happy. And, I have to say, my husband just turned 30 last year too (and I'm 6 years younger), so I can commiserate with you.

    ReplyDelete